Intercambio Language Exchange ~ The fun and cheap way to learn
Language exchange is not only a great way to improve your English, it’s also a great way to make new friends and learn about new cultures. The idea is simple, if you want to learn English, you find an English speaker who wants to learn your language, Spanish for example, and meet up at a coffee shop or cafe. When I arrived in Barcelona I couldn’t afford Spanish classes so I joined a website called Conversation Exchange.com . Intercamio Language exchange works because both people benefit from the experience and at the same time, you make new friends. It’s very flexible and you can meet as often or little as you like.
What do you do on an intercambio Language Exchange?
There are no set rules, but normally…
- Agree on a time and place to meet, normally a cafe or coffee shop
- Take a note book and maybe a dictionary
- Talk one language for half the time and the other language the other half
What NOT to do!
- Don’t forget this is an Intercambio Language Exchange for learning languages, it’s NOT A DATE so don’t be too personal in your conversation.
- Don’t arrive late, it’s rude and unacceptable, if you think you are going to be late, write, text or call in advance and let them no.
- Don’t speak only ONE language for the duration of the Intercambio Language Exchange, you are BOTH there to learn.
- Don’t forget to pay for your half of the bill!