This Will Amaze You!
1. There are six billion people in the world who speak 6000 to 7000 different languages!
2. It is thought that by the end of the 21st century, 50% of these languages will die!
3. People assume that most of the world’s languages are spoken in Europe. the truth, however, is that most of the world’s languages are spoken in Africa and Asia!
4. 50% of the planet’s population can speak 2 or more languages!
5. Bilingualism is said to make learning of additional languages easier!
6. At the age of five, children aged five have a vocabulary of several thousand words!
7. There are more native Mandarin (Chinese) speakers in the world than English and Spanish speakers put together!