Win Money? Make Money? or Earn Money? What’s the Difference?
When speaking English, Spanish people often have problems understanding when to use Win, Make or Earn. Don’t worry, this is a common problem and we will explain it here on the Wellington House Barcelona FREE English Blog!
Spanish speakers often confuse win with ganar. As a teacher, I often hear or read mistakes like:”They win a lot of money,” instead of “They make/earn a lot of money.”
- You win money in the lottery.
- You win money playing poker.
- you win money from gambling.
REMEMBER “EARN or MAKE”
- When you go to work, you earn/make money.
- You earn a salary when you work.
- “Lawyers earn a good salary, they make lots of money.”