My Top 5 English Expressions
1. Aggro = “Aggro” means that somebody is very aggressive or violent. You can use it to describe someone who gets angry easily.
e.g. “My friend John is a great person, but sometimes he can get a bit aggro!”
2. to Bunk Off = When you “bunk-off” you don’t go somewhere when you are supposed to.
e.g. “I bunked off school today. I should have been there at 1pm but I was so tired I just went home!”
e.g. “I’m going to bunk off school tomorrow! I didn’t do my homework so I’m scared to see my teacher!”
3. Cake hole = “Cake hole is another word for “mouth”. We call it a cake hole, because it is a hole in your face, which you put cake/food in. You tell somebody to “shut their cake hole” when you want them to stop talking.
e.g. “Johnny was saying bad things about me today, so I told him to shut his cake hole!”
4. Cranky = When somebody is in a bad mood, we say they are “cranky“.
e.g. “My English teacher is always cranky when we don’t do our homework!”
5. A Dead Cert = When you are 100% certain about something, you can say it is a “dead-cert”
e.g. “I’m going to the party with Jordi, Juan and Ana and Dave is a dead cert so there will be at least 5 of us!”