Sunday is a very important day for families in Britain. It is a day to rest and enjoy each others’ company. And of course the most important thing is the Sunday Roast. It is a simple meal, but very, very traditional in England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland. We eat beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and sometimes turkey. The meat is served with seasonal vegetables and a splash of piping-hot gravy. Delicious! Here’s how to make your very own Sunday Roast – it’s time to impress your friends and family![youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerw2t8yKC0]
English Sunday Roast Dinner Recipe – In 8 Easy Steps
- Heat your oven to 220ºC
- Put the pork/chicken/beef in a baking tray and pour oil over it. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and onions to the baking tray and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Slice up some carrots at boil them in a salted water for five minutes.
- After five minutes of cooking the carrots, add peas and broccoli and cook for another five minutes.
- Make gravy by pouring the juices from your meat into a jug. Then add flour and a stock cube and stir for one minute. When the gravy begins to boil, stir in some mustard, salt and pepper.
- Serve the meat on hot plates with potatoes and vegetables. Pour the gravy over the meat and enjoy with a more mustard or horseradish sauce.