Here are some useful English words that you can use to talk about the cold WINTER months!
1. FREEZING = It’s very very cold! Maybe it’s even below Zero degrees!
2. Catch a Cold = When you get ill because it’s so cold, we say you “catch a cold”.
3. Ice-Cold = When it’s so cold you feel like an ice cube, you can say it’s “ice-cold”.
4. Nippy = Nippy means it is a little bit cold. I would say: “It’s a bit nippy outside so put on a jacket”.
5. Gusty = When it is windy we say it is gusty. It literally means the same as windy.
6. It’s raining cats and dogs = I know it’s strange, but when it rains a lot, we say “It’s raining cats and dogs!”.
7. Frosty = When it’s very cold and the is a little bit of ice on the ground, we say it is frosty.
8. Bitterly Cold = When the weather is so cold it makes you feel physical pain, we say it is “Bitterly Cold”. When you feel angry and sad with the weather, use this expression.
There are many more expressions to use to talk about winter but these are some easier ones for you to remember!