Learn some vocabulary and baby-related phrases inspired by Prince Harry’s royal baby announcement.
1. Beaming (verb) = To be visibly very happy and smiling a lot.
e.g. “On Monday Prince Harry was beaming as he announced the birth of his son.”
2. To die for (idiom) = If something is ‘to die for’, it is very beautiful.
e.g. “This little thing (baby) is absolutely to die for.”
3. Over the moon (idiom) = If you say that you are ‘over the moon’, it means that you are extremely happy.
“The baby is absolutely to die for so I am over the moon.”
4. A new born (noun) = Tiny babies are often referred to simply as ‘new borns’.
e.g. “The royal new born is seventh in line to the throne.”
5. Overdue (adjective) = When a baby remains in its mother’s tummy for more than 42 weeks, it is referred to as being overdue.
e.g. “The baby was a little bit overdue so we had plenty of time to think about a name.”