These funny ’email translations’ show you what people really mean in their emails!
And Now for Some Real Email Vocabulary and Phrases
Phrases for Opening Emails
- Dear Dear Mr./ Ms./ Mrs. + family name (Dear Mr. Johnson)
- Dear Cedric
- Hi Maria
- Dear Sir or Madam
- Dear all
- Hi everyone / guys (informal)
Opening Lines for Emails
- Thank you for your email yesterday / 12 May regarding…
- Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
- Thanks for your phone call this morning.
- Thank you for the information you sent me about…
- Thank you for your interest in…
- It was great to meet you last week at…
- It was lovely to see you at the event…
- It was a pleasure to see/meet you…
- Sorry for my late reply.
- Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
- Thank you for finding the time to meet me yesterday/this morning.
Phrases for Closing Emails
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- Please let me know what you think about…
- Please let me know if this all sounds good to you…
- If you require any further information, please let me know.
- Please let me know if you need any more information.
- If you have any other questions about…
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- Please feel free to contact me.
- I look forward to seeing you on…
- See you next week…
- Speak soon!
- Thank you in advance for your time and help.
- Have a great evening/weekend/holiday and speak soon.
- Best regards
- Sincerely (yours)
- Best wishes
- All the best
Tenemos clases por todos los niveles – Contáctanos e infórmate
+34 93 313 2193 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellington House Idiomas Academia de Inglés
C/ Selva de Mar 239